We provide garden and landscaping services that focus on growing food, community, and creating healthy and beautiful environments.
- Annual Vegetable Gardens
- Culinary/Medicinal Herb Gardens
- Native Perennial Gardens (Prairie to Woodlands)
- Pollinator Gardens
- Rainwater Gardens
- Fruit Trees/Shrubs and Food Forests
- Native Trees/Shrubs for Naturescaping
- Community Allotment Gardens
- Hands-on School Gardens
- ... and a mix of any above!
- Digging new gardens (sod removal)
- Amending soil with compost
- Planting seeds and starts
- Transpanting your existing plants
- Planting shrubs and trees
- Spreading woodmulch
- Installation of hardscaping
- Installation of raised beds
- Carpentry and light construction
- Public workshops and private mentorship
- ... and more
- Raised beds (wood, stone/brick, metal)
- Edging with wood beams or stone/brick
- Compost bins (salvaged pallet wood)
- Patios & Pathways (natural stone, reclaimed brick)
- Trellises, bean pyramids, strawberry crates, etc.
- Arbors & Pergolas
- Large logs (stepping/seating)
- Rocky swales for rainwater infiltration
- Soaker hose systems on timer
- Rain Barrels & Stands
- Bird feeders and bird baths
- ... and more
We have completed a wide array of projects, but our web gallery is still under construction.
About Urban Eatin’
Urban Eatin’ Landscapes is a small group of gardeners committed to using organic and holistic techniques to build and maintain vegetable, herb and native perennial gardens for Winnipeg’s private and public spaces. We believe that your home and your community should provide you with shelter and sustenance. So we offer to help make your outdoor space a place of beauty, food, and comfort by enabling people to grow their own vegetables, fruits, herbs and edible garden spaces through consultations, design, workshops and hands-on learning. We also build garden accessories out of reclaimed wood, including compost bins, raised beds, trellises and more.
We are available for consultations to help you plan your urban garden to assure maximum production and to integrate smart design to minimize maintenance. Together we will tailor the garden to suit your desires. You may then choose to have us come and implement the plan, collecting the seedlings, procuring the seeds, and installing your dream garden in your yard using low-impact landscaping techniques. Through the season you may find it helpful for us to return to help with the work load and offer suggestions to make your gardening experience uplifting and educational. You may not have time to tend your garden at all. In which case we could tend it for you, coming weekly to irrigate and weed. As a matter of fact, we could be your own personal farmers, planting, weeding, harvesting, and leaving the eating to you and your family.
Many agree that there are many costs of unhealthy eating — on our health, environment and society. Organic food is expensive. The average morsel of food in North America travels thousands of miles just to grace our tongues; it travels too far. Why not make your diet as local as it gets and grow food for your family right in your own yard? We are here to help you with that.
Love the work they did on my front yard this past week. It looks great, they were able to complete an additional, last minute task, and it still came in under my budget! Thrilled isn't a strong enough word!
It’s very rewarding for the children to learn about food sustainability, and the hands-on component was very engaging for the students. At recess we often see the students nibbling on the herbs trying and tasting each of them.
We have been so pleased with all of the creative ideas that Mark and Naomi have brought to enhance our school garden, as well as their wonderful enthusiasm in their education to all of us. From their expertise on use of space and successful weed control to sharing their knowledge of planting and growing vegetables, herbs, and plants in general – we have enjoyed every minute… even the weeding!
Fantastic group with extensive knowledge, love their energy!
Why Choose Us?
Latest News More News
Murray joined our team as Office Coordinator this spring and has been a wonderful addition to the Urban Eatin' team. Recently,...Read Post